My 76 hours at home in the beginning of July were a whirlwind but my brother's wedding was beautiful and a lot of fun! I'm so excited to have Brigit as a sister-in-law. The newlyweds are currently still celebrating their long honeymoon in europe!! I'm so excited for them! Here's a picture of the bridal party outside the church.
Congrats to Matthew and Brigit!
After I arrived back at school, my college roommate Kristen aka Rooms came to visit a week later. She stayed for a whole week and I had a blast showing her around the island. It only took 4 days before she wasn't clutching on to something in the car thinking we were going to die because driving on the left side of the road took some time to get used to. It was amazing to see how accustomed I am to this place because there were so many things that I think are normal now that Rooms had to remind me were definitely not normal in America. Driving, goats everywhere, apparently smelly food stores with limited selection (no chicken the first 4 days she was here!), etc. I took her to class with me and showed her the beaches we go to, took her to some of my favorite restaurants and the port, gave her an island tour, went snorkeling, and brought her to friday volleyball. It was a nice change of pace going home in the middle of the semester and having a visitor all in one month. It broke up the monotony of this island and school during the summer (i.e. come visit!!). =)
marriott beach
atlantic on the left, caribbean on the right
out and about
port zante
snorkeling
shopping in port
gong beach
volleyball









No comments:
Post a Comment