Sorry to the people who read this, because I've been MIA for over a month. Woops. Anyway, I'll give a little recap of the last month...
-Easter was really nice here. I had dinner with 25 of my friends - we all made a dish, dressed up, and put four tables together so we can eat at the same table in my next door neighbor's apartment. We even dyed Easter eggs! I also went to mass on the island. It was three hours, hot, and the most fun I've ever had at church. Plus, we sang two Bob Marley songs. Such an interesting experience!
-I passed 2nd semester!! That was definitely a feat at least 15 people didn't accomplish. It was close for me and I struggled towards the end, but I passed and moved on to 3rd semester! Second semester is notoriously known as one of the toughest semesters, probably due to the fact that we had to walk the kennel dogs and had loooooooong days on campus that left everyone burnt out at night. Whew, at least it's over.
-I got to enjoy an amazing two weeks at home visiting family and friends including a trip to Etown. I miss home a lot, but the support and love I have at home make it so much easier to be here. It was nice seeing everyone and being able to relax for a little. I definitely missed the island weather but did not miss the island grocery stores. No milk for me this week! haha Guess I have to start getting used to that again...
-I started class again today, we go all summer so this is the first time in 23 years I haven't had a summer vacation. Weird. But anyway, I'm taking Bacteriology, Virology, Pharmacology I, and Pathology I this semester. Our schedule is so much better than last semester where I was on campus 8-5 or 6 most days. This semester we are done at 12 three days a week and don't start until 9 on Mondays. Sweet!! There's always a but though... we only have midterms and finals this semester for each of my classes. Kind of scary that we only have two grades.
-Our car is currently at the mechanic, thank goodness we have close friends nearby who are willing to be our taxi for a few days. We got through last semester with only one flat tire, and apparently that was too lucky because we are currently having brake issues, electrical issues, and coolant issues. Hopefully the mechanic can fix it all for us.
-Once again the semester olympics are this weekend (go orange!) and volleyball starts next week I think. Yesss, I love the beginning of the semester. =)
♥
13 years ago
so proud of you for passing!! that is great!! miss you and see you in august <3
ReplyDeleteThanks for updating... I can now live again :)
ReplyDelete