Monday, October 26, 2009

first round of tests over = time for fun!

Last weekend was sooooo busy.  My friend Debbie's boyfriend came to visit for the weekend starting on Thursday.  He came a perfect weekend because it's only one of the three weekends this semester we don't have a test coming up that week.  Obviously we had to do some touristy things (I guess we're kind of locals now.... weird) like the "world renowned" fire man at shiggity shack, karaoke at ziggy's (i may or may not have been forced to sing with a british couple.  there are pictures AND videos....), ziplining, shipwreck beach, and the lastly the catamaran trip.  It was a packed weekend.   


ziggy's after the first round of exams were over



this basically sums it all up.  confusion.



Our catamaran trip was supposed to be scheduled during orientation but it got rained out.  I actually liked having it now because we all more or less know eachother now which made the trip a lot of fun.  It was a PERFECT day out and the breeze out on the water felt so good in the hot sun.  We snorkeled off the coast of St. Kitts for a while and then had lunch on the boat before heading to Nevis.  There, we laid out on the beach, checked out the beach bars, and went in the water for about an hour before heading back to St. Kitts.  Life is sooooo good.  The ride back turned into one big reggae dance party with the crew of the catamaran which was hysterical.  Overall, it was a great day! 


one of the catamarans







this place really is beautiful





i love this island haha



Today was our midsemester break aka the one day each semester that we get off.  I spent it running errands in Basseterre and studying.  Good times.  This week starts our second round of exams.  Goodbye fun and beach, see you in three weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I miss you LISA and really want to come visit you. It rains here all the time and it's starting to get cold (boo). We still need to skype. I feel like we keep trying and failing. OK well i'm going to bbm you now because I miss you.
    XOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete