It has been an absolute whirlwind since I got back to the island, and it has only been 6 days.
1. The weather here is absolutely perfect. Mid-80's and no humidity. Winter in St. Kitts is shaping up to be my favorite season!
2. I was introduced to a beautiful new beach and got back my tan that NY took away (How am I ever going to deal with being pale when i get home for good? Not thinking about it).
3. I had a blast the last few days before school started... going to the beach, laying by the pool, going out to dinner, grilling with friends on our new apartment's patio, going out to the strip, and settling into our new place. It actually felt like I was on a caribbean island with my friends for a vacation and not for school for once...and then Monday came.
4. We did however have some mishaps this weekend including two of my friends having their cars break down, one friend's car getting stuck in mud somewhere, having left overs from a restaurant spilling on four people in a car, airport delays/luggage being lost, the school library being closed when no had checked their email for 5 days and needed to see our class schedule, making a long journey to a beach bonfire that apparently didn't exist, and to top it all, a hospital visit for a friend's emergency appendectomy (he's fine, no worries). It was hands down the most ridiculous 36 hours of my life down on this island.
5. Most of that wasn't directly affecting me, but having no internet for 2 days, having it work for 1 day, and then not having it again for 3 days was. Sorry Mom and Dad for the lack of communication, just blame the island like I always do... After harassing "the cable guy" as he is named in my phone, we finally technically have internet again although skype doesn't seem to be working well. AKA my connection to anyone outside of this frustrating country. So family and friends who read this, if you haven't heard from me, this is why. I apologize on behalf of St. Kitts for being poorly geographically located for technology to keep me in touch with my people aka loves at home. I hope this is only temporary. Plus, my blackberry is being silly too and not sending out texts at the moment. Why don't you just cut off all my contact to anyone in the world St. Kitts, including your own island.
6. In school news, most of my classes are in the new building that was just opened which is really nice! There are loads of places to sit now, inside and outside, there's a new classroom, and a new student union with a TV and lots of couches. Nice job Ross!
7. Classes are going okay so far, and not stressful yet. We get lots of breaks this semester during the day ranging from 1-3 hours which is a nice change. If anyone is interested, I'm taking Gross Anatomy II, Physiology II, Immunology, and Parasitology. Exciting huh?
8. We have a busy weekend ahead starting Thursday with the semester olympics. Each class is assigned a color (we are orange) and make t-shirts (ours are designed off the orange crush drink) and compete in soccer, football, volleyball, and frisbee. I will show my semester support by wearing my obnoxious orange shirt and probably watching the volleyball games since that is on the beach... The olympics start on the 4th day of class so the first semesters aren't really prepared for it. I remember being very overwhelmed not really knowing anyone and having upper semesters get really into it with their t-shirts and school spirit. At least this time, I can be one of those people and not look like a lost soul haha. I should talk, that was only 4 months ago. =) Then we have Mr. RUSVM again (let's hope our semester can win the free catamaran trip!) and of course the beginning of semester party at the pink elephant. I'm sure there will be pictures to come.
I'm going to take advantage of it being the beginning of the semester and get another night in of just relaxing and no school work. This won't last long.
♥
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment